While riding on The Bus, please observe the following rules:
- Allow passengers to get off the bus before you board.
- Please use rear doors to exit when possible.
- Do not block the free movement of others.
- Shoes and shirt must be worn by passengers at all times.
- Do not block aisles or place personal belongings on the beside you.
- Strollers, carts, and other such items must be folded and stored under your seat.
- Walkers must fold and be placed in front of passenger.
- No Pets are allowed on the bus unless they are in an enclosed carrier/container and can be on your lap or stowed beneath your seat.
- Priority seats at the front of every bus are reserved for seniors and disabled riders.
- Standing is permitted only when seats are not available (please hold the handrails provided for your safety)
- Service animals that assist the blind or disabled are allowed. Drivers may ask to confirm what service the animal provides. The passenger will be responsible for any damage or soiling caused by the animal.
Service Animals MUST:
Behaviors that will not be tolerated and may be cause for immediate removal and suspension from The Bus per Public Utilities Code Section 99170 and California Penal Code 640:
- Remain under the passenger's control and behave appropriately at all times.
- Remain at your feet or on your lap and may not sit on a vehicle seat.
- Passengers are responsible for cleaning up after their service animal.
You have a responsibility to report any instance of vandalism, abuse, unsafe conditions, fraud or other problems you experience or observe to the Transit Joint Powers Authority for Merced County at (209) 723-3100. You will remain anonymous.
- Communicating with or causing a distraction for the driver while the bus is in motion
- Refusing to swipe a bus pass or pay your fare when boarding.
- Unsafe behavior in or around buses or bus stops.
- Behavior creating a nuisance to the driver and other passengers.
- Using profane language.
- Smoking in or around buses and bus stops.
- Committing or engaging in ANY behavior that may cause harm or injury to any person or property.
- Expectorating upon a system facility or vehicle.
- No music or audio devices may be played on the bus unless they are used with headphone at a volume that does not disturb the driver or other passengers.
- Sale or peddling of any goods, merchandise or services.
- Unauthorized use of a discount ticket or failure to present proof.
- Urinating or defecating in a system facility or vehicle.
- Exposing of ones self
- Eating or drinking is NOT allowed on the bus. Food or drinks are only allowed on the bus if they are in sealed containers.
- Do NOT bring firearms on ANY bus.
- Do NOT carry explosives, acid, or flammable liquids on the bus.
- Do NOT vandalize or create graffiti in or around buses or bus stops. Vandalism is a crime and punishable with a fine (not to exceed $75 for the first violation and not to exceed $250 after a second violation) or jail sentence.
RIDERS WHO REPEATEDLY VIOLATE TRANSIT RULES WILL BE SUSPENDED FROM USING THE SYSTEM.